execution problems and executable size questions

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:37:12 WST 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:44:31 +0800, Matt Johnston <matt at ucc.asn.au> wrote:

> Ah. If it's a single user system, the easiest solution might
> just be to disable the chown() and chmod() call - it's not
> like there're any other users who might be sniffing :)
> (sshpty.c is where you'll find those chown/chmods).
>
> The proper solution would probably be to mount devpts at
> /dev/pts, and then let the libc openpty() open the pty
> device and handle perms (via the kernel). Of course that
> depends on whether the uClibc provides openpty(), and
> whether you want to compile in devpts support.

Five minutes before receiving your mail  I found a simpler solution :)
(no source modification was needed)

Doing a simple "chmod ug-r dev/pty*" before adding the filesystem to
the firmware file worked just fine.

Thanks a lot for your answers and for such a great job with your project :)

PS: Suggestion: A note about /dev permissions when compiling for a
single user and readonly target system would have been very helpful

--
Alfonso Acosta
http://babel.ls.fi.upm.es/~aacosta/