need help with key generation

Pollywog linux at shadypond.com
Tue Sep 28 09:59:26 WST 2004

I installed OpenZaurus on my Zaurus SL-5500 (the GPE version) and instead of
OpenSSH, it has Dropbear.  I am able to ssh to the Zaurus from my desktop
machine, but I am unable to figure out how to generate user keys (I was able
to generate only the secret key id_rsa but not a public key to go in my home
directory and to be added to the keys on the desktop machine in ~/.ssh/
authorized_keys

My disktop machine uses OpenSSH protocol 2 and it is configured not to accept
password logins, it only accepts passphrases, either with dsa or rsa type
keys.

Is there a HowTo or a place where I can find this info or is it best for me to
use OpenSSH if I want to connect to my desktop machine running sshd as
described?

thanks