dropbear dbclient using scp.

James Newell jnewell at wgate.com
Tue Oct 5 02:10:12 WST 2004

I have the following issue on an ixp425 xscale using Montavista 3.0 Linux:

$scp file HYPERLINK "mailto:user at host"user at host:
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-x'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oForwardAgent no'
WARNING: Ignoring unknown argument '-oClearAllForwardings yes'

Host '10.32.31.95' is not in the trusted hosts file.
(fingerprint md5 eb:27:df:0f:50:85:e5:40:08:af:0d:10:b0:3e:3f:bf)
Do you want to continue connecting? (y/n)

<ctrl-c here>

$

The getc function never returns from the file 'cli-kex.c' in function
'ask_to_confirm' called from 'checkhostkey' about line 252.  I know it's
this function because I enabled to the trace feature to narrow the search.
I searched the archives but did not see any mention of such a problem, and
was wondering if anyone else has encountered it.  I've been reading through
the code, and maybe it has something to do with redirecting the
stdout/stdin, but I really don't know why it's not working yet.
I compiled a simple test.c file that uses getc function in the same
environment, and it the getc works fine.  Everything works great.

Dropbear RULES!  Any thoughts and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

---