Problems connecting to Dropbear on uClinux

Sriram Chadalavada swenggsri at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 09:14:10 WST 2004

Hi everyone,
  I am trying to port dropbear SSH as an uClinux
application on a uCdimm (Motorola Dragonball
MC68VZ328) board(with filesystem on flash ROM).

I have cross-compiled dropbear as a MULTI and STATIC
program and use a symbolic link dropbear. The DSS host
key has been put into /etc/dropbear(appropriate
location) of the uCdimm filesystem.
The application has been compiled to execute under
inetd control.

My problem is that when I try connecting to the board
using ssh, I get the message:

[root at dhcp001 uClinux-dist]# ssh root at 129.237.125.90
ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by
remote host

The uClinux does NOT have SSH, openSSL enabled. An ftp
server on the uCdimm under inetd is working fine.

Please let me know if I am missing anything here. I
don't think TCP wrappers are being used on the board.

Thanks in advance,
Sriram