Problem with dropbear and uClibc / busybox

Brent Davidson brentd at tlab.net
Sun Feb 27 08:38:28 WST 2005

I have been working on a custom embedded system with uClibc and busybox
and want to add dropbear for sshd functions, but I have run into a problem.

dropbear runs fine, but when I try to connect remotely or with dbclient
admin at localhost the server proccess logs "Child connection from
127.0.0.1" and then the whole process freezes.  I am never presented a
login prompt.

I am compiling dropbear 0.44 with the MULTI=1 option under the pre-built
uClibc development environment.

Thanks,
Brent Davidson