problem with login

Mildred Frisco mildred.frisco at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 09:58:06 WST 2005

Hi,

I've installed the latest version of dropbear (0.45) compiled from
buildroot. It was cross-compiled for an arm9 board. I connect to the
dropbear server from an ssh client. from the messages, it seems that it was
able to connect to the server but cannot get past authentication. I can't
even get a login prompt.

here's the log from the client pc:

[mildred at localhost mildred]$ ssh -vv 192.168.63.15 <http://192.168.63.15>
OpenSSH_3.5p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be
trusted.
debug1: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to 192.168.63.15 <http://192.168.63.15>
[192.168.63.15<http://192.168.63.15>]
port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/mildred/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: identity file /home/mildred/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/mildred/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version dropbear_0.45
debug1: no match: dropbear_0.45
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.5p1
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent

the log from /var/log/messages regarding dropbear:
Dec 31 17:01:29 cyclops authpriv.info <http://authpriv.info> dropbear[69]:
Child connection from 192.168.63.95:37049 <http://192.168.63.95:37049>

I don't know what's wrong. I was able to run openssh and telnet servers
successfully, even login as root. I chose /dev/urandom in options.h when I
compiled it and --disable-openpty.

Is there anything else I forgot?

Thanks in advance.

Mildred