Bad package length

Li, Aubrey Aubrey.Li at analog.com
Mon Nov 14 16:45:01 WST 2005

Hi all,

After ported dropbear to my target board, I run dropbear in the
INETD_MODE.
I got the following error message when I ssh to my target board:
- - - - - - - -
ssh 192.168.0.15
Disconnecting: Bad packet length 1530147165.
- - - - - - - -

I did it by this way:

1) built dropbear on the host
./configure --disable-zlib --disable-wtmp --disable-openpty
--disable-wtmpx --disable-syslog --disable-shadow --disable-lastlog
--disable-utmp --disable-utmpx
 make
2) Create host key
 ./dropbearkey -t rsa -f dropbear_rsa_host_key
 ./dropbearkey -t dss -f dropbear_dss_host_key

3) Cross compile dropbear(I modified config.sub to support bfin-uclinux)
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-elf2flt ./configure --host=bfin-uclinux --disable-zlib
--disable-wtmp --disable-openpty --disable-wtmpx --disable-syslog
--disable-shadow --disable-lastlog --disable-utmp --disable-utmpx

4) Make statically linked binary
     make STATIC=1

5) Copy dropbear_rsa_host_key and dropbear_dss_host_key to my target
board under file system "/etc/dropbear".
     Copy dropbear to my target board under file system "/bin"
     Add one line to the inetd.conf on my target board:
      "ssh stream tcp nowait root /bin/dropbear -i"

I run uclinux 2.6.12 on my target board.
When the system start up, I ssh to the target board and got the error
message.

Thanks to help me out.

-Aubrey