dropbear fails on uClinux ARM NOMMU target with gcc-3.4.5 but not gcc-2.95.3

Jamie Lokier jamie at shareable.org
Fri Jan 6 23:55:47 WST 2006

Jamie Lokier wrote:
> I've also seen problems with dropbear-0.48 and gcc-3.4.3, but the
> problems I see are different: spurious memory accesses to addresses
> that shouldn't be accessed.
>
> I switched from gcc-2.95 at the same time as moving from
> dropbear-0.47, so haven't narrowed down whether it's a compiler
> problem, or a dropbear problem.

Ah, in case it wasn't clear, I'm also using ARM NOMMU uCLinux.

Evidently not the same toolchain though (different GCC version).  Is
there an authoritative "good" toolchain?  I am quite confused about
the different toolchains around for these systems - no version in
particular seems to stand out as particularly recommended.

-- Jamie