devices and permissions

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 02:03:54 WST 2006

On 6/22/06, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 June 2006 7:44 pm, Larry Brigman wrote:
> > I am trying to build a simple system with dropbear installed but
> > I cannot seem to get it to allow connections.
> >
> > I believe it has something to do with the kernel config or devices.
> >
> > I have busybox running with telnetd working.
> >
> > Any help?
>
> I find "dropbear -F -E" to be generally helpful.  Tells you what it's doing,
> and why, right there on stderr...
>
> Try getting it working via loopback on the same machine first.

libnss_files: symbol: _nss_files_parse_pwent GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined
in libc.so.6

It looks like mklibs got me or is that dropbear not linking to all the
libs explicitly such
that the elf file header doesn't have the right libs.

I guess if I had used ulibc this would not be an issue.

Is there a way to have dropbear use something like that of busybox for password
access to remove this dependency or is that asking too much?