qnx ppc port of dropbear

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Thu Oct 19 22:15:49 WST 2006

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 02:20:59PM -0400, Bill Smith wrote:
> I have (somewhat) successfully ported dropbear to qnx 6.3 for powerpc
> and everything appears to work. However I'm getting some errors that I
> can't quite figure out. Does anybody have any ideas? I believe that the
> problems are all related to not properly setting the controlling
> terminal.
>
> *** messages from server after client authenticates
>
> Oct 18 12:28:45 nto dropbear[1687583-1]: ioctl(TIOCSCTTY): 1, Operation
> not permitted
> Oct 18 12:28:45 nto dropbear[1687583-1]: open /dev/tty failed - could
> not set controlling tty: No such device or addressrolling tty: No such
> device or address

The docs at
http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/momentics_nc_docs/neutrino/lib_ref/t/tcsetsid.html
suggest that calling tcsetsid(fd, getpid()) instead of ioctl(fd, TIOCSCTTY)  should work.
The call in Dropbear is located at sshpty line 301 - does
changing that help? Hopefully the client error messages are
just a side-effect of the server's failure.

An alternative might be to add "#define HAVE_OPENPTY 1" to
config.h, and "#include <unix.h>" in sshpty.c. I've got no
idea if it'll work, I'm just looking at
http://www.qnx.net/developers/docs/qnx_6.1_docs/neutrino/lib_ref/o/openpty.html