Dropbear 0.49pre build error and a ssh glitch

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Wed Jan 31 19:39:13 WST 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 08:37:41PM -0800, William Trenker wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> I've been working with the latest development version in MTN.  Specifically
> I'm building from:
> http://viewmtn.angrygoats.net/revision/tar/d26d5eb2837f46b56a33fb0e7573aa0201abd4d5
>
> There is a small Makefile problem reported by make as a missing endif.  I
> think the problem is here:
> libtommath/Makefile.in
> ifndef IGNORE_SPEED          <<--- should this be commented out?

Ah yes. I fixed this locally but neglected to push the
change - should be on the server now.

> Also, I'm experiencing a problem when I try to ssh into the
> dropear-0.49server from another box such as:
> ssh user at server_running_dropbear49 ls
> The command works fine, but doesn't terminate after the ls is finished
> listing the files.  Instead it just sits there until I hit the enter key.
> If I do the same ssh into the same box running the dropbear 0.48.1 server
> there is no problem.

This is a known problem. I modified the channel close
code to try and resolve some other issues, but didn't fix
everything. For the time being I might just revert to the
0.48 behaviour - the experimentation should've been on its
own branch in the first place.