Connection sharing from OpenSSH doesn't work with dropbear

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Fri Feb 9 00:42:22 WST 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 04:06:04PM +0100, Stephan Walter wrote:
> I'm talking about the ControlMaster/ControlPath options of ssh (see man
> ssh_config)
>
> When I try to use this feature with dropbear, it will deconnect all
> sessions when one session is closed.

Is it when you close any session, or only the first (master) one?
Trying here (0.48) if I close the any session other than the first
it works fine, though closing the master session will
close all of them. That is an inherent part of the way the
ControlMaster concept works - all the connections are going
through a single network connection from the first "master" ssh
client process.

Does that explain the behaviour?