dropbear and scp

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Tue Mar 27 06:51:54 WST 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 05:36:11PM -0400, TheBlueSage wrote:
> I would like to use dropbear only as an ssh client on a remote machine
> that needs to connect to standard openSSH server.
>
> My Question is : can I use the dbclient to do scp and sftp ?

You can use dbclient to do scp1 w/ an OpenSSH server. I do it often
using the scp installed on familiar w/ my handheld and my OpenSSH server
on my home workstation.

Dropbear does not currently have an sftp client that I know of. It is
possible to use the OpenSSH sftp client. But the directions are not
clear to me how to do it.

Set up dbclient to include the scp client and away you should go.

Erik Hovland
mail: erik at hovland.org
web: http://hovland.org/
PGP/GPG public key available on request