RSA key generation problem

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Apr 18 15:05:13 WST 2007

On Monday 16 April 2007 10:07 pm, hfgj ghgj wrote:
> I am trying to create dropbear key but it is giving folowing error,,
>

> /etc/dropbear # dropbearkey -t rsa -f identity
> Will output 1024 bit rsa secret key to 'identity'
> Generating key, this may take a while...
> Warning: Reading the random source seems to have blocked.
> If you experience problems, you probably need to find a better entropy
source.

> would anybody help me,,?
>
> --Savan

Either use /dev/urandom instead of /dev/random, or generate some entropy
events (move the mouse, etc).

This is based on an old write-up I did back at Timesys:

http://lldn.timesys.com/docs/about_entropy

(Laurie's tendency to take my name off stuff is part of the reason I don't
work there anymore...)

Rob
--
Penguicon 5.0 Apr 20-22, Linux Expo/SF Convention.  Bruce Schneier, Christine
Peterson, Steve Jackson, Randy Milholland, Elizabeth Bear, Charlie Stross...