Cannot get dropbear to open shell on uClibC 586 inux, kernel 2.6

prz prz at net4u.ch
Thu Jul 5 04:28:08 WST 2007

Matt Johnston wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 07:15:43PM +0000, Tony p. wrote:
>
>> Same kind of problems, everything going dandy (got a small pty test in c written
>> to make sure that /dev/pts is all dandy) and I get right after authentication
>> dropbear closing connection on me. Same thing if I patch up to use mtx (I know,
>> it's Sun code), if I use ptys classic or openpty. What gives ? thanks. tony
>>

> What does the server's log say? Look in /var/log/auth.log
> perhaps or run with "dropbear -F -E" to run in the
> foreground.
Hey Matt, thanks for help,

did that and it started all of a sudden to show the 'cannot change
group' before exit message.
Didn't do it to the log before!.

> If you run "ssh hostname uptime" does it work?

yepp, it started to throw 'cannot change group' all of a sudden and from
there it was easy

I had /etc/passwd but I didn't have /etc/groups

If your code would have thrown that into the message log, it would be an
easy debugging. thanks much

    -- tony