Aiee, segfault! You should probably report this as a bug to the developer

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Sun Sep 9 23:48:54 WST 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 03:51:04PM -0700, Jean Pierre Sainfeld wrote:
> Hi,
> I would be thankful if somebody could help me with this issue.
> The conditions of the test are as follows:
> 1) the test is done on the host or the target ( X86, ARM9 )
> respectively. It is done only on one side.
>     i.e to the localhost.
> 2) code is dropbear 0.50 configured ./configure -prefix=/opt
> CFLAGS=-DDEBUG_TRACE
> 3) the standard host keys for rsa and dss are created using dropbearkey
> as specified.
> 4) the command entered at the shell prompt are
>     a) #./dropbear -v -E -p 500
>     b) #./dbclient -v -p 500 root at localhost lsmod

I can't quite tell from the logs - is it the client or the
server that is segfaulting? I'm guessing the server? If you
redirect the output of each command to a separate logfile it
might be clearer ("./dropbear -v -E -p 500 > logfile 2>&1").

Are you running uClinux by any chance? If so you'll have to
run dropbear out of inetd (give it the -i option) rather
than standalone.