sftp client for dropbear

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Mon Sep 17 22:06:55 WST 2007

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 02:52:58PM +0200, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:
> 2007/9/17, Matt Johnston <matt at ucc.asn.au>:
> > On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 10:25:49AM +0200, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:
> > > Hi to all folks,
> > >
> > >  do you know a sftp client which could work with dropbear?
> > >  I tried which one comes with OpenSSH but does not work.
> > >
> > >  In case there is not any sftp client for dropbear do you think
> > > adapting openssh one it could be a lot of work or just a different ssh
> > > syntax adapt?
> >
> > How does it not work? Have you tried the instructions from
> > http://lists.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/pipermail/dropbear/2007q1/000502.html ?
> > (see the followup posts too)
>
>  Yes, but... I was talking about sftp client not server!
>  Have I missed something about that thread?

Oops sorry, misread the mail.

I can get the OpenSSH sftp client to work with dbclient on a
Linux system with
sftp -s /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server -S /usr/bin/dbclient remotehost
though for some reason it seems not to work on Mac OS X
here - I'll try figure what's happening. Does that work for
you (with paths changed appropriately)? I assume the sftp
client will compile with similar settings to sftp-server.