ssh logging without a password

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Wed Feb 20 10:33:02 WST 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 05:25:47PM +0100, Dach Miroslaw wrote:

> I do not know where to put the file id_dsa.pub since on the B server there is no directory /root/.ssh but just a regular file instead.
>
> It seems to be that dropbear accepts the dss key type but on the client one can choose the dsa type (or rsa). Are this keys somehow compatible?

/root/.ssh must be a directory - did a file get copied to
the wrong place? The .pub file should be copied to (or
really appended to) /root/.ssh/authorized_keys - make sure
it it isn't writable by anyone else (same for .ssh).

Dropbear should support rsa or dsa keys, assuming it's been
compiled with normal options.