inactivity timeout or disconnect

Ming-Ching Tiew mingching.tiew at redtone.com
Thu Sep 4 09:39:12 WST 2008

jose otero wrote:
> I ran into the same problem (with respect to keyboard activity). You
> can create a timer that fires when your inactivity criteria is met.
> You can restart your timer when a carriage return is entered or if a
> single character is typed. When the timer function executes make sure
> you clean-up the appropriate resources (file descriptors, memory,
> etc). Hope this helps.

I think most of you failed to read that this is not an interactive remote
signon, this is just a reverse port forward executed in batchmode and
it does not execute any shell on the server.

Anyway I have got some progress by patching the dropbear source code,
it does not seem to be that difficult a change. I am testing if it has any
undesirable side effects.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Regards.