inactivity timeout or disconnect

Farrell Aultman fja0568 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 00:01:42 WST 2008

I actually need to do this also.  Here is what I am planning:  One way
to do it would be to add another command line option for the idle
timeout.  Another timeout (based on command line) could be added to
the select().  This "case" would check to see if there has been any
activity, and if not, close down the channel (or this dropbear
process?).  If there was activity before the "case" was selected, set
a flag to indicate no activity.  When there is activity on a channel,
set the flag to indicate such (perhaps ignoring SSH_MSG_IGNORE or
SSH_MSG_DEBUG).  (Note, this implementation would actually check for
2x the inactivity specified).  What was done for -K is very similiar
to what needs to be done here.

Farrell