problem with port forwarding in 0.51 on uClinux

Farrell Aultman fja0568 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 00:15:23 WST 2008

Here is the script that I am using to launch dbclient:

#!/bin/sh

HOME=/root

dbclient -i /etc/ssh/tim_dss_private_key -T \
-L 2799:192.168.54.2:2799 \
-L 22335:192.168.54.2:22335 \
tunnel at 192.168.54.4

This worked perfectly well in 0.47, but not with 0.51.  In order to
get it to work, I had to rollback check_close() located in
common-channel.c in 0.51 to the 0.47 version.  A side effect of this
was that a memory leak was introduced that I couldn't track down.  I
ended up rolling back common-channel.c and channel.h to their 0.47
versions, and modifying them to account for the new command line that
was added to adjust recwindow size.

The last part of the log when turning on verbose debug was:
TRACE: enter session_init
TRACE: setnonblocking: 7
TRACE: enter session_cleanup
TRACE: leave session_cleanup: !sessinitdone
dbclient: exited: Couldn't set nonblocking
BINFMT_FLAT: Loading file: /usr/bin/spawn_ssh
TRACE: enter buf_get_priv_key
TRACE: enter rsa_key_free
TRACE: leave rsa_key_free: key == NULL
TRACE: enter buf_get_rsa_priv_key
TRACE: enter buf_get_rsa_pub_key
TRACE: leave buf_get_rsa_pub_key: success
TRACE: leave buf_get_rsa_priv_key
TRACE: leave buf_get_priv_key
TRACE: nextislocal true
TRACE: enter addforward
TRACE: leave addforward: done
TRACE: nextislocal true
TRACE: enter addforward
TRACE: leave addforward: done
TRACE: non-flag arg: 'tunnel at 192.168.54.4'
TRACE: user='tunnel' host='192.168.54.4' port='22'
TRACE: enter connect_remote
TRACE: leave connect_remote: sock 6
TRACE: enter session_init
TRACE: setnonblocking: 7
TRACE: enter session_cleanup
TRACE: leave session_cleanup: !sessinitdone
dbclient: exited: Couldn't set nonblocking

Farrell