SecureCRT -> SSH-2.0-dropbear_0.36

Roman Medina-Heigl Hernandez roman at rs-labs.com
Tue Nov 11 04:47:47 WST 2008

Hello,

I'm having problems trying to connect to an old version of Dropbear (v0.36)
from SecureCRT (v5.5.1). Dropbear server is embeded in my home ADSL router.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that Dropbear is dropping the
connection. Why? Is there any known compatibility problem which I'm not
aware of?

This is the connection's log:

[LOCAL] : SSH2Core version 4.3.0.407
[LOCAL] : Connecting to 192.168.1.1:22 ...
[LOCAL] : Changing state from STATE_NOT_CONNECTED to STATE_EXPECT_KEX_INIT
[LOCAL] : Using protocol SSH2
[LOCAL] : RECV : Remote Identifier = "SSH-2.0-dropbear_0.36"
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote can re-key
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote sends language in password change requests
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote sends algorithm name in PK_OK packets
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote sends algorithm name in public key packets
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote sends algorithm name in signatures
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote sends error text in open failure packets
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote sends name in service accept packets
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote includes port number in x11 open packets
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote uses 160 bit keys for SHA1 MAC
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote supports new diffie-hellman group exchange messages
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote correctly handles unknown SFTP extensions
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote correctly encodes OID for gssapi
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote correctly uses connected addresses in
forwarded-tcpip requests
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote can do SFTP version 4
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote uses SHA1 hash in RSA signatures for x.509v3
[LOCAL] : CAP  : Remote x.509v3 uses ASN.1 encoding for DSA signatures
[LOCAL] : SEND : KEXINIT
[LOCAL] : RECV : Read kexinit
[LOCAL] : Available Remote Kex Methods = diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
[LOCAL] : Selected Kex Method = diffie-hellman-group1-sha1
[LOCAL] : Available Remote Host Key Algos = ssh-rsa
[LOCAL] : Selected Host Key Algo = ssh-rsa
[LOCAL] : Available Remote Send Ciphers = 3des-cbc
[LOCAL] : Selected Send Cipher = 3des-cbc
[LOCAL] : Available Remote Recv Ciphers = 3des-cbc
[LOCAL] : Selected Recv Cipher = 3des-cbc
[LOCAL] : Available Remote Send Macs = hmac-sha1,hmac-md5
[LOCAL] : Selected Send Mac = hmac-md5
[LOCAL] : Available Remote Recv Macs = hmac-sha1,hmac-md5
[LOCAL] : Selected Recv Mac = hmac-md5
[LOCAL] : Available Remote Compressors = none
[LOCAL] : Selected Compressor = none
[LOCAL] : Available Remote Decompressors = none
[LOCAL] : Selected Decompressor = none
[LOCAL] : Changing state from STATE_EXPECT_KEX_INIT to STATE_KEY_EXCHANGE
[LOCAL] : SEND : KEXDH_INIT
[LOCAL] : Changing state from STATE_KEY_EXCHANGE to STATE_CLOSED
[LOCAL] : Connected for 0 seconds, 503 bytes sent, 191 bytes received

Thank you.

--

Saludos,
-Roman

PGP Fingerprint:
09BB EFCD 21ED 4E79 25FB  29E1 E47F 8A7D EAD5 6742
[Key ID: 0xEAD56742. Available at KeyServ]