Patch to speed-up LibTomMath

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Thu Dec 18 20:19:36 WST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 11:20:07PM +0100, bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it wrote:
> I patched the 3-way Toom from libtommath with some simple optimizations
> ( http://ln.bodrato.it/FasterToomConvolution_pdf ), now it is
> significantly faster: on my laptop it "obsoletes" the Karatsuba code,
> since it is as fast a Karatsuba for small operands, but faster for bigger
> ones.
> Now the question is: are you interested in the patch?
> (maybe you prefer not to modify an "external and imported" library...)
> In the case you are interested, how should I submit the new files?

Hi Marco,

Speedups for libtommath would be of interest. I guess the
easiest way would be to email me off-list with a patch or
a set of the relevant files? I won't guarantee that I'll include
the changes (given I haven't dealt with the LibTomMath code
much in depth) though it sounds useful. I'm not 100% sure
whether Tom is still interested in work on LibTom*
or not - the releases page suggests not.