Issue with PAM enabled dropbear !!

Vishnu Govardhana vishnug76 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 03:01:05 WST 2009

Any suggestions please ???

----- Original Message ----
From: Vishnu Govardhana <vishnug76 at yahoo.com>
To: dropbear at ucc.asn.au
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 7:16:13 PM
Subject: Issue with PAM enabled dropbear !!

Hi Gurus,
I am a newbie to dropbear. I compiled 0.48.1 version with --enable-pam.
Now after installing it, my connection from a remote system is failing due
to 'Bad packet length' (the number varies everytime). I tried to debug a bit
using tcpdump and I see that 'pam_start' etc., messages has sent to remote
system.

My PAM uses generic pam_unix module for authentication, so it gives login:
password: prompts.

If I compile with --disable-pam then I don't see any problem.
Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,
~Sree