scp in dropbearmulti?

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Sat Oct 3 00:37:30 WST 2009

On Friday 02 October 2009 09:07:40 Matt Johnston wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 02:11:13AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Thursday 01 October 2009 01:37:52 Matt Johnston wrote:
> > > make -j 2 MULTI=1 PROGRAMS="dropbear dbclient dropbearkey
> > > dropbearconvert scp"
> > >
> > > and it should work. I'll make the docs a bit clearer.
> >
> > how would you feel about a dbscp alias ?  requiring the name to be "scp"
> > is a bit annoying as it can easily conflict with parallel installs of
> > openssh.
>
> While I'm considering build-related issues - would anyone
> have a problem if I converted all the #ifdefs related to
> options.h into #if statements, to make it easier to override
> options on the commandline? Rather than
>
> #define ENABLE_CLI_PROXYCMD
>
> it'd become
>
> #ifndef ENABLE_CLI_PROXYCMD
> #define ENABLE_CLI_PROXYCMD 1
> #end

works for me.  if you wanted to get creative, this would also allow you to
change some of the #if logic in the source to if ().

#ifdef ENABLE_FOO
	... some stuff ...
#endif

becomes
	if (ENABLE_FOO) {
		... some stuff ...
	}

helps catch latent bugs such as variables undeclared behind certain #if combos
or typos in rarely used defines.

> I think a dbscp alias is a good idea. The problem with scp
> is that running as a server (probably Dropbear's
> more common use-case) the scp binary _must_ be called "scp",
> since that's how the remote client runs it. "dbscp" as a
> client works fine - dbclient now actually has some
> orthogonal functionality to OpenSSH client (multihop has
> made me use it a lot more), so a different alias might be
> useful.

right, the server part sucks

> I'll keep "scp" as the default program name though
> - that Makefile is nasty enough as-is :-\

OK by me
-mike