45s login delay

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Tue Mar 15 21:08:12 WST 2011

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 02:02:54PM +0100, Magnus Nilsson wrote:
> Sorry, I was unclear - it's only 100% busy during those 45s.
> My question is:
> Is 45s reasonable on a 192MHz cpu, or do you think I might have some
> issue with my compilation options (see my first post,
> http://hi.baidu.com/kkernel/blog/item/ff919681141beddebc3e1e23.html
> but with --disable-shadow) or something?
> Anyone who has similar experiences? Or the opposite, someone who's
> running it on a low-end system without this issue?

I haven't tried anything quite that low-end, but the couple
of MIPS routers I've tried at ~400mhz take about 1 second
for that step. I guess there could be something odd about
the architecture that interacts badly with what libtommath
is doing, or perhaps the compiler. The binary was built with
optimisation enabled?