Dropbear 0.53

Ashish Nangia anangia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:10:08 WST 2011

Matt Johnston <matt <at> ucc.asn.au> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:13:24AM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
> > On 02/24/2011 08:37 AM, Matt Johnston wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > After much too long a delay Dropbear 0.53 is now released.
> > > Tarballs are located at http://matt.ucc.asn.au/dropbear/ as usual,
> > > changes are as listed below.
> >
> > You broke the build with static linking.
>
> Urgh sorry about that. I'll put up 0.53.1 in a couple of
> days. If anyone notices other problems please let me know.
>
> Cheers,
> Matt

Hi Matt,

The latest version (0.53.1) is still broken when trying to build with static
linking. This was confirmed last night (6th April 2011) when I was trying to
make a build for Android. After configuring I had to manually modify the
Makefile and move the -lcrypt to the end of the linking stage.

Can you please have a look into this.

Thanks
Ashish Nangia