can't do local port forwarding / question

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Wed Jul 6 21:30:51 WST 2011

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 05:33:47AM -0400, Guylhem Aznar wrote:
> However I just can't make port forwarding work. To make sure the issue
> came from dropbear, I tried with tinyproxy listening on port 3128,
> dropbear running on port 220 and openssh-server running on port 222:
> channel 9: open failed: connect failed:
> channel 7: open failed: connect failed:
> channel 9: open failed: connect failed:
> BTW Is this SSH_CONNECTION feature planned?

Try running dropbear with '-F -E' and see if it prints any
error messages. I don't see why it wouldn't work, though
did you mean "-L 1938:localhost:3128", and "localhost:1938"
in the browser? You shouldn't need -a as an option since
you're connecting to localhost.

Which version of Dropbear are you using? $SSH_CONNECTION was
added in 0.53.