can't do local port forwarding / question

Guylhem Aznar dropbear at guylhem.net
Thu Jul 7 11:06:58 WST 2011

Hello

Following closer examination, the difference was due to ipv6
connectivity : with localhost defined both to 127.0r.0.1 and ::1 in
/etc/hosts on the server, dropbear used ::1 because due to some VPS
tweaks it occurred in the file before 127.0.0.1 did.

(the hosting companies overwrites and messed up some files like
/etc/hosts and /etc/interfaces - I had only known about the latter
until now)

My solution was to comment that out, and hope it will survive their
tweaks. If it doesn't, I'll define 127.0.0.1 in the .ssh/config.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Guylhem