dropbear's environment variables

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Tue Nov 15 19:55:00 WST 2011

It sounds like there are settings in ~/.bash_login or
similar, which only gets evaluated when you get an
interactive login shell (not when you run a command).

You could try moving the commands to ~/.bashrc (or similar,
I don't know what shell you are using).

Alternative you you could run

ssh host_ip 'env var=value var2=val2 cmd'

Which will should the variables you require. Another
approach might be to run bash --login -c 'cmd' as your
command (I'm assuming bash, other shells probably have
similar files and arguments to set).

Cheers,
Matt