Dropbear and PAM auth.

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Thu May 31 22:11:04 WST 2012

It should work ok with any module that just prompts for a username and password, which gets mapped to SSH's password authentication mode. It doesn't support more complex challenge/response type modes (which would use SSH's keyboard-interactive mode IIRC). If the username/password prompt doesn't match what's normal, take a look at svr-authpam.c for the comparison strings.

The limitation is because PAM doesn't have a way to use it asynchronously without using threads or subprocesses, at least for most modules and implementations I've seen.

Matt