dropbear and ssh subsystem

Egil Hjelmeland privat at egil-hjelmeland.no
Wed Jun 20 21:40:16 WST 2012

Hi
I am considering to use SSH as transport for an application protocol we
are designing. Inspired by the NETCONF SSH binding rfc6242, I would like
to invoke the protocol as a SSH subsystem.

I see that dropbear server does not support arbitary SSH systems. But I
think it can be added quite easisly around line 640 in
svr-chansession.c . A command line option "-S
/path/to/dropbear/subsystems" could be added. When a subsystem "xxxx"
request is received, look for executable file
/path/to/dropbear/subsystems/xxxx, if found, execute it directly (not
via shell).

Any thoughts on this?

Best regards
Egil Hjelmeland.