Dropbear on bare-metal ARM Cortex-M3?

Farrell Aultman fja0568 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 04:37:13 WST 2012

Freddie,

I wouldn't waste my time with it.  You'll have to find or write a
POSIX layer.  Also,
dropbear makes liberal use of dynamic memory and without an MMU you'll run into
memory fragmentation.  In addition, you'll likely suffer from terrible
performance on the M3 if
you can even get it small enough to fit into flash and run within the
confines of your RAM.

In short, I recommend picking a processor with a MMU and run Linux.  Another
option is to use a COTS like Mocana.  But that can be expensive.

Farrell