DropBear on Android

Leonid Bloch lb at tx.technion.ac.il
Mon Aug 27 23:05:35 WST 2012

Hello,

Has anyone successfully compiled and tested the latest Dropbear on Android?
If so, can you please share your modifications?

After few changes that seemed reasonable to me, I still get various error
messages, and nothing works:
I've tried logging in with a random user, as well as the user that belongs
to my terminal emulator app, then the error of the server was:
"Login attempt for nonexistent user from <my IP>"
When I patched further, in the spirit of what is written here:
http://roycormier.net/2010/11/02/cross-compiling-dropbear-sshd-for-android
I got something about "shell is missing for the user <any user I try>"

When tried to run dbclient, the error was:
"dbclient: Exited: Unknown own user"

The error in scp was:
"unknown user 10118"

I'd appreciate any ideas or instructions.

Best regards,
Leonid.