initramfs ip network overrides /etc/network settings

Tobias Dussa (SCC) tobias.dussa at kit.edu
Sun Nov 18 09:06:37 WST 2012

Hi again,

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 02:03:09AM +0100, Tobias Dussa (SCC) wrote:
[...]
> > Am I missing a script in the /scripts/init-bottom or local-bottom where
> > dropbear shuts down? Or is this expected behavior when initramfs uses
> > the network at boot?

I suppose adding a script to init-bottom would do the trick as well,
but I am almost certain that the ip utility is not available at that
point.  So this would require further investigation into what exactly
needs to be unconfigured, but technically, that should work.

Cheers,
Toby.
--
Have you ever noticed that the Klingons are all speaking unix?
"Grep ls awk chmod."  "Mknod ksh tar imap."

----

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
KIT-CERT

Tobias Dussa
CERT Manager, CA Manager

Zirkel 2
Building 20.21
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 608-42479
Fax: +49 721 608-9-42479
Email: tobias.dussa at kit.edu
Web: http://www.kit.edu/

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and