Issues after Update from 0.52 to 2012.55; login time; password auth

dbextern at gmx.de dbextern at gmx.de
Thu Jan 3 19:10:51 WST 2013

Hello!

I'm using dropbear on an embedded System with uCLinux. It works great. And first I want to thank all of you for the work you put in it.

After reading about the security fix I updated the dropbear from a (very stable and fast) 0.52 to the new 2012.55.

After the update two things changed. The login time increased a lot. From next to nothing to about 7s (on a 600MHz CPU). I read that this is a common problem, and that my 7s are still quite good. I'm just surprised about he increase.

Secondly the dropbear does not allow password login anymore (the server only gives back "pubkey" as available option). The according defines in the options.h are still active though. And the dropbear is started without -s. I'm out of ideas what to try to enable it again. When I just replace the dropbear executable with the 0.52 version it works again.

Any thoughts and advide is highly appreciated. Tank you in advance.

Grüße
Sebastian