RFC: PATCH: Allow configuring "allow blank password option" at runtime

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 21 00:51:14 WST 2013

Hi there,

Attached is a patch we've developed for dropbear within the Yocto Project to
avoid the need to rebuild dropbear when we wish to disable the ability to log
into accounts that have a blank password set. It removes the compile-time
option and adds a -B command-line option which enables the functionality.

We'd really like to see this (or something like it) upstream. If an
alternative implementation would be preferred please let me know.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton