embedded dropbear (more)...

Ed Sutter ed.sutter at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Apr 16 01:00:02 WST 2013

Hi,
Just to put a few things in perspective regarding the likelihood of this
working in a really small embedded system...

Regarding memory...
It really depends on just how small you need to be...

One session looks like it uses upwards of 2100 malloc calls. Long term
fragmentation from one session to the next is not an issue simply because I
have a dedicated heap, which I flush at the end of each session; however
my heap analytics show that the high-water level is under 200K of heap.
I'm hoping that some of these allocations can be replaced with
stack-based arrays,
but I haven't looked into that much yet.

Regarding speed...
No "real" data here, other than to say that I'm on a ~450Mhz PowerPC (no
FPU)
and it seems to be fine.

Ed