Add support for aarch64

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed May 15 01:56:49 WST 2013

On Tuesday 14 May 2013 02:58:52 Rob Landley wrote:
> On 05/13/2013 04:27:49 AM, Christopher Meng wrote:
> > As dropbear doesn't support AArch64, I hope the author can do
> > something in
> > order to fix it. In fact I'm the packager of dropbear, some users
> > asked us
> > why not support aarch64.
> >

> > To fix this, you can:
> >
> > 1. Use at least autoconf 2.69 to reconfigure.
> > 2. A patch at
> >
> > http://ausil.fedorapeople.org/aarch64/dropbear/dropbear-aarch64.patch
> >
> > which updates config.guess and config.sub to recognize aarch64.
>
> Huh, I hadn't even noticed. My automatic native package builds do:
>
>    for guess in $(find . -name config.guess)
>    do
>      rm -f "$guess" &&
>      echo -e "#!/bin/sh\ngcc -dumpmachine" > "$guess" || exit 1
>    done

that doesn't help with your outdated config.sub files which is a lot more what
this report is about -- they're cross-compiling for aarch64, not running
natively under it.

other random notes:
 - should have an exec in there
 - bit surprised you didn't use printf rather than the non-portable echo -e
 - that code isn't tolerant of whitespace splitting

assuming you're using bash for the host script:
while read line ; do
	rm -f "${line}" &&
	printf '#!/bin/sh\nexec gcc -dumpmachine\n' > "${line}" || exit 1
done < <(find . -name config.guess)
-mike