slow logins -- some data for comparison

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Sat May 25 16:41:28 WST 2013

Hi,

I think the solution is to use tomsfastmath instead. There was a patched version posted a while ago on this list. Eventually I'd like to have Dropbear able to build against either tomsfastmath (for speed) or libtommath (for portability) using the ltc_mp mechanism in libtomcrypt.

There's also ECC support nearly complete in the 'ecc' mercurial branch. That's a few times faster than normal kexdh. It adds around 30kB to binary size on x86. That should make it into the next Dropbear release, though only will help for recent OpenSSH peers.

Matt