-Y that proxies over a socket, á la -J 'nc HOST PORT'

Steffen Nurpmeso (Daode) sdaoden at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 22:16:16 WST 2014

Matt Johnston <matt at ucc.asn.au> wrote:
 |Steffen Daode Nurpmeso <sdaoden at gmail.com> wrote:
 |>  $ dbclient -Y [HOST:]PORT steffen at crux3
 |
 |Hi,
 |
 |Thanks for the patch. To clarify, is the reason for using \
 |this so that "crux3" is used to lookup the known_hosts key?

I suddenly realized that you possibly wanted a different approach
via the already existent -p mechanism, and doing it like that is
indeed much simpler than the version i've sent first.
I'm using -P this time; the second patch for scp(1) still uses -Y,
since both -P and -p are taken.
Patches against 2013.62.

--steffen