Dropbear 2014.64

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Mon Jul 28 22:18:12 WST 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 01:56:43PM +0000, NiLuJe wrote:
> Sure ;). Basically, if CLOCK_MONOTONIC_COARSE isn't supported, it never
> falls back to CLOCK_MONOTONIC (AFAICT, that's because the only way to check
> the status of syscall() is through errno, not its return value?).

Oh, that's a bit embarassing, it should certainly check errno.

> BTW, the clock_source variable isn't terribly useful, since we're using the
> constants only once, and only in the clock_gettime call (and I just realized
> that the CLOCK_MONOTONIC fallback just uses the constant directly anyway).
>
> Also, why not ifdef the CLOCK_MONOTONIC_COARSE stuff? If it's not defined,
> there's not much chance it'll work at runtime, unless I missed something ;).

The Linux headers people are building against often don't
match the running kernel, particularly with strange embedded
toolchains.  So first-time it tests if the running kernel
supports CLOCK_MONTONIC_COARSE, then if it doesn't work
keeps going with CLOCK_MONOTONIC. That's the intent anyway,
I'll fix it and make it also fallback if CLOCK_MONOTONIC
fails.

Thanks,