svr_getopts should either support bundling or fail if bundling is used

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Wed Oct 28 21:47:24 AWST 2015

> On Thu 22/10/2015, at 8:24 am, Guilhem Moulin <guilhem at fripost.org> wrote:
>
>>> By the way, out of curiosity, is there a reason why you're not using
>>> getopt()?  It's POSIX after all, and you're already using it for scp.
>>
>> I think I looked into it a long time ago and it resulted in a larger
>> static binary size. It might be worth revisiting though. Backward
>> compatibility would still be an issue.
>
> Alright, I'll give it a try when time allows.  I don't understand your
> last sentence though: backward compatibility for what?

I've changed the code to just print a warning for the time being. I'm intending for the next release to be soon with small bugfixes. Using getopt would probably be good though would require checking availability for the platforms where Dropbear is used. By backwards compatibility I just meant the issue where the behaviour would change slightly.