Module for perl that uses Dropbear

Jon Gentle bacon at atrodo.org
Wed Nov 4 12:25:44 AWST 2015

Hello.

I've been working on a perl module that would allow me to hook into and
interact with Dropbear, Net::Dropbear.  I just finished publishing it and
wanted to let you know that it exists. I wrote it partially so that I could
control a SSH server session from start to finish, including acceptable
usernames and public keys. The other part that I wrote it was to understand
the SSH protocol a little bit better.

The Net::Dropbear package includes an entire copy of 2015.67 and when the
perl package is configured, it patches Dropbear to add the hooks into
Dropbear that I added for it's functionality. The reason it's 2015.67 and
not 2015.68 is because I started a few months ago and haven't had a chance
to go over how well it applies to 2015.68.

You can find a copy of patch that gets applied at
https://github.com/atrodo/Net-Dropbear/blob/master/dropbear.patch and the
code in general is at https://github.com/atrodo/Net-Dropbear .

Thank you for making Dropbear, it's been fun to work with.

-Jon Gentle