Force dbclient to exit if remote forwarding request failed

Matt Johnston matt at ucc.asn.au
Mon Nov 30 20:39:15 AWST 2015

> On Mon 30/11/2015, at 7:24 pm, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru> wrote:
> dbclient: Remote TCP forward request failed (port 3320 -> localhost:22)

> 1. Is there any way to force dbclient to exit in this case?
> 2. If not, would it be reasonable feature to have in dbclient?

Hi Konstantin,

I can't think of a good way to force exit apart from grepping the command output for the error message.

I'd like to see that as a feature - I was thinking about it a few days ago. I'd keep it under a command line flag for backwards compatibility. Failing to bind "-L" forward ports would also be handled similarly.

I'll put it on the todo list, or patches accepted.