Unable to complete connection to dropbear server

Fred Chow (TC) fredrickc at tccomm.com
Wed Apr 27 03:32:14 AWST 2016

Hello,

I have an older version of dropbear running that was provided by someone
a few years back.  Recently I have been testing SSH from my Linux PC to
the server running dropbear 0.52.  Upon connecting, I get the following
message and no progress afterwards:

authpriv.info dropbear[2630]: Child connection from ffff:192.168.1.122:44621

There is usually another message after the one above indicating login is
required, but this does not show up on the server.

What could be the possible causes for this problem?

Thank you,
Fred