[ucc] Minutes 15/06
bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Jun 15 14:44:55 WST 2004
Meeting opened Tue Jun 15 13:56:22 WST 2004
Present: SJH DAG RME PXY
Apologies: MSH DAA
- have new shiny router. thanks davyd (except for leaving out
appletalk, iptables, swap, etc). thanks matt/trs80 for setting up
- have electronics & mcse books donated thanks to David Bent.
- more coming from Keith Goddfrey
- Have $5661 in bank
- Still to pay for router (~$1035) and some bills.
- iLAN progressing nicely
- Need to get people's email addresses (not ucc addys) on
- not much
- poking ROM-burning machine
- we have them
- we have madako, our new router (PC router)
- PXY looking at thin terms - notes that kernels could be upgraded
- somebody kindly filled the machine. thank you.
- low on coke. need to do coke run soon & stock up for iLAN.
- PXY: DBT is actually DPT is falstaff
- RME: iLan organisation going well. have tables, power, network stuff.
- PXY: to grab new network card for mussel to resolve random /home
- thinterm cases are most likely not heat - see above
- Airport Extreme - would be cute. discuss on list. not shipping to
mid-July anyway. To be considered then.
- fileserver: consensus is to combine this with Opteron - people
will play for a few months, when things are stable, migrate
things across. pricing is $2000 for a 32-bit machine with SATA.
to be looked into. continue on tech at .
Meeting closed Tue Jun 15 14:44:45 WST 2004
Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>
More information about the ucc