[ucc] [firstname.lastname@example.org: [Jobs] JOB: (Sydney (Chatswood CBD)) Linux Programmer and Administr, Contract]
davidb at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 1 20:28:46 WST 2006
>From the Linux Jobs list.
----- Forwarded message from Linux Jobs <jobs at linux.org.au> -----
To: jobs at lists.linux.org.au
From: Linux Jobs <jobs at linux.org.au>
Subject: [Jobs] JOB: (Sydney (Chatswood CBD)) Linux Programmer and Administr, Contract
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:19:41 +0800
X-SA-Exim-Mail-From: jobs-admin at lists.linux.org.au
X-SA-Exim-Scanned: No (on digital.linux.org.au); SAEximRunCond expanded to false
Linux Programmer and Administr, Contract
ThreatMETRIX is an early stage security company that delivers technology to protect against zombies and botnets. The company delivers this capability into a number of open-source applications and also through OEM partners in the security market. We think we are delivering a unique technology that is beneficial in addressing spam, phishing, malware and emerging issues such as click and credit-card fraud.
- Linux Server Administration (Debian & RH)
- Perl and Script skills
- Sendmail understanding and configuration
- Excellent technical knowledge of TCP/IP
- C++ programming
- Network Security experience
- Windows power user or administrator skills
- Strong Debugging skills
- Fast and results oriented approach to work
- Good to great communications skills (verbal and written) for customer and team
- SQL awareness
- NIS awareness
- Enjoying being part of a team and respect team members (you are working with 7 other Linux and Windows programmers/engineers)
- Professionalism (reliability, punctuality, presentation, etc)
- Strong sense of business ethics
- A thorough, intelligent approach to problem-solving
- A motivated and energetic disposition
- Small team mindset where you are willing to wear multiple hats to get a job done.
- Strong Documentation
Detailed Position Description
ThreatMETRIX operates a scalable multi-site, mass-forensic processing system that processes security information in real-time. Your role will be pivotal in developing a robust and reliable infrastructure and the implementation of new capabilities:
- Development and System Administration of ThreatMETRIX systems and a major government customer site. We have a hosted service that crunches massive volumes of data and operates in 24x7 configurations.
- Development of customer facing systems in Perl for apache to support our evolving product offerings.
- Support to other Linux developers in design decisions for a Debian platform that we deliver for the ThreatINDEX agent.
- System configuration and maintenance where required.
- Correction of system failures
- On Call Duties (if the systems go down, you maybe one of the team to get them live)
Role is contract with option to employment after 3 months.
Contact: please email: careers at threatmetrix.com
Applications close: 31st August 2006
jobs mailing list
jobs at lists.linux.org.au
----- End forwarded message -----
More information about the ucc