[ucc] Clubroom rules and expectations of members
mattman at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 30 19:31:03 WST 2011
In some ways its a little disappointing that I have to send this email, but
after some concerns being raised by a wide range of members, please read the
following in relation to rules of clubroom use and expectations of members.
I'll forgo the executive summary (or tl;dr as the kids keep calling it) and
dive right in with good old fashion bullet points.
- No sound without headphones during business hours (8am to 5pm)
- Computers shouldn't be "hogged"/excessively used: All members have right
to use the computers
- Nor should they be reserved for later use
- Uni work and study have priority at all times over games / non-study
- Music in the clubroom should be at a _reasonable_ volume
- The choice of music should be considerate of others in the clubroom
- Relatively non-offensive
- Do not put songs on repeat
- "Annoying sounds" should not be used regularly, if at all
- Do not crowd around computers and impede access to other areas of the club
- Not only is it a fire risk, its bloody annoying
- Avoid eating at computers
- The desks are getting filthy again.
- No shouting across the room or really, shouting in general
- Not pleasant for other room occupants, go talk to someone in person
- We don't all care about the game you're playing and what's going on
This last one should be obvious and common sense would suggest you apply it
all the time, not just at UCC
- Basic manners/common courtesy should be observed at all times
Enforcement of these "rules" shouldn't be required - I expect all UCC
members to be mature enough to take personal responsibility for their
actions, in saying that, I would ask all door members to ensure the above,
along with existing club policy is complied with. Committee are 100% behind
ensuring the club is a tolerant, friendly and pleasant place for our growing
member base to spend time, should you feel targeted or upset, please email
committee(-only)@ucc.asn.au (personally, and I'll just throw it out there
now, I don't care, nothing above is an unreasonable request).
Captain Anti-fun (a.k.a Matt Didcoe [MRD])
Vice President (2011) / Wheel member
The University Computer Club Inc.
mattman at ucc
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ucc