[CDG5] Random questions

Elliot Nunn elliotnunn at fastmail.com
Thu Nov 29 08:00:12 AWST 2018

If you see any documentation promising big changes in "Mac OS 8", think
Copland. Of course that was cancelled, and some of its high-level
improvements got backported to a System 7-based Mac OS 8 and 9.

I note that 'dcmp' 0, 1 and 2 did not change from 7 to 9, but that a
'dcmp' 3 was also added. (None of these resources contains any PowerPC
code.) Yes, please implement these in Python! I will get them into
macresources. Re-compression would be even better!

>>> https://github.com/SolraBizna/MacLua5.3
>>> https://github.com/fblondiau/ToolDaemon